Tuesday, July 13, 2010

So that was Arlington

Back from the Arlington Fly-In and Airshow. Didn't see too much this year as I couldn't walk well due to an Achilles Tendon injury and cracked bone, but it was good to see lots of old friends, and some new ones from Pacificnorthwestflying.com.
Come on over to Arlington in 2011 - July 6th - 10th 2011. Check out the pics!

Bet you didn't know this - In York, England, there really is a pub called, "The Quiet Woman". The pub-sign depicts a headless woman carrying her severed head.
How's that for politically incorrect?

*** World Cup *** World Cup *** World Cup ***
What the hell was with that England goal? Time to start using replays. Every network on the planet filmed it go in and it has been played to death in the media - in fact the only person on the planet who didn't see it was the ref! Having said that, England played like a bunch of schoolkids - so Germany deserved that particular win.
Spain and Netherlands played a great game - very well matched. Some of my North American friends thought it was boring because there were no goals being scored - go figure that one!

*** Politics *** Politics *** Politics *** Politics

No comment at all on this one - except to say that this is a great documentary -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vs36YUlHBY

It showed on Canadian TV last week. Well - actually I will comment. Look - it's my blog - I can do what I like - OK!:)
So - my political comment for the week (ya gotta watch the link) You're both damn well wrong. Grow up and stop it - because nobody is going to save your sorry ass!

So - did you ever wonder what it is like to be a coal-miner? Here is one of my favourite people of all time to tell you all about it - the one and only Peter Cook-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofUZNynYXzM

Bet you didn't realise it was that exciting did you?

My spell-check keeps highlighting words in red - I think that it is to show me all the words that Americans spell wrong - but I'm not sure! :)

Podcast #16 just published - check it at www.hangar49.info. Play it there or subscribe via iTunes.

I'm outa here. Here is a thought for the week -
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
-- Gandhi

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tony and welcome to blogging!
    Rest that tendon!

    Bee aka Ann Heideman

    ReplyDelete